How to Select the Right PumpTime To Complete: 2 days
Price: $650.00 + gst for members and $700.00 + gst for non-members
Designed to give participants the skills in how to select the correct water pump to meet the needs of specific pump performance requirements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Industry personnel such as pump equipment importers, installers, designers and consultants, rural servicing companies, plumbers and general trades involved with installation and supply of water pumps.
• Pump selection and pumping principles
• Basic hydraulics and terminology needed to size piping systems and calculate head and flow requirements
• Cavitation - what it does to pumps and how to avoid it
• Pumps working in series and parallel
• Frequency drives – why they are used and how they can be used to advantage
• How electrical motors work in relation to pumps
During the course participants will be given the opportunity to practice new knowledge and skills and will be provided with valuable reference materials that include a comprehensive manual / workbook , the APMA Pipe Friction Handbook and the APMA Technical Handbook.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued to those who successfully complete the course and post-course assignment